Teachers Death Due to Asbestos Exposure in School

We have been reading a sad story today about a former teacher, the Oldham Chronicle.

Former teacher, Bernard Dawson, died after being diagnosed with deadly Mesothelioma.

His family believe he inhaled the toxic dust in secondary schools in Greater Manchester and Lancashire.

Mr. Dawson taught maths and science for over 50 years teaching and died last August, leaving a dear wife, 5 children and several grandchildren. Prior to starting to teach in 1957, he was a former marine commando.

All schools have an asbestos report and whilst awareness is now higher than ever, people can still be exposed to asbestos. Make sure your school, or business has proper asbestos surveys and management reports.

Comments are closed.